I'm not sure what this tool is, could you please help identify it and what it might be used for? the screw fastens a blade in place, doesn't allow it to turn

enter image description here

  • I remember my grandparents had one of these, they used it to cut stiff materials like thin cardboard etc.
    – Gil
    Commented Jul 27, 2021 at 17:16

2 Answers 2


That looks like a leather or even fabric cutter.

Seen similar a long time ago with a friend who was a saddler.

  • 2
    So not a pizza cutter?
    – crip659
    Commented Jul 27, 2021 at 15:07
  • 1
    @crip659 have to be thin crust but def not thick crust :)
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Jul 27, 2021 at 15:11
  • 1
    Usually termed a "rotary cutter" these days; modern versions have replaceable blades.
    – Chris H
    Commented Jul 27, 2021 at 15:12

Looks like an old wallpaper cutting tool. Or Rotary cutter as Chris states. The blade wont hold a sharp enough edge for leather or cloth. Here are some other examplesenter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.