I have a lamp purchased in the UK, I can't work out what bulb goes in it. I have tried a bayonet bulb which definitely doesn't fit. I wonder if there might be a missing piece.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


The maker code Dencon 1415 says it is a normal UK Bayonet Cap (B.C.) lampholder with a removable skirt (often used for holding a shade ring). The section with the bayonet slots has broken off. It may have come out along with a bulb when that was removed. Possibly someone unfamiliar with bayonet bulbs damaged it by turning a bulb too far. You need a new lampholder. The brass pins may be dangerous to touch whether the switch is in the 'on' or 'off' position. You should call an electrician or discard the lamp.

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 1
    And you can see the damaged slots where that was fitted. Plus 1.
    – Solar Mike
    Commented Jul 10, 2021 at 11:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.