On the picture you can see 2 copper pipes coming out of the elbows, the ones that have cables on them, these go to the bathtub tap. I want to replace these with flexible connectors.

The problem is that these are compression elbows so need to replace those first.

Ideally I would like to have an angled compression elbow with stop valve and 22mm male connector. Into which I could then connect female to female flexible tap connector. But I cannot find such elbow.

I found one you can see attached on the second picture but it doesn’t have a stop valve. What’s the best way to do this if I want both flexible pipe and a stop valve?

enter image description here

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


If you can't find the elbow you want with integrated stop valve, you can use the compression-to-threaded elbow you found, attach a separate stop-valve to the threaded end and then use a straight threaded-to-threaded connector to connect your flexible tap connector to the stop-valve.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.