I've seen these pieces that look a bit like plastic cubes that were used as in the question title. There were four of them, two on each side, holding a track for a drawer that was narrower than appropriate for the cabinet.

I'm searching for them online but can't find the right term to search by.

enter image description here

The tracks are blue, the cabinet is black, and the parts I'm looking for are the gray squares.


2 Answers 2


"Drawer runner spacer block" seems to work.

enter image description here

Google image search results.

  • 1
    @ispiro - Try "Drawer Slide Spacer" or "Drawer Side Spacer" on Amazon.
    – Mark
    Jul 5, 2021 at 14:11
  • 1
    There are adjustable ones out there, such as the Miller FastBlock... fastcap.com/product/miller-fastblock Jul 5, 2021 at 14:45
  • Last time I needed these I made them from scrap. Mildly rewarding but not enjoyable and not what I would choose if I had this answer and comments at the time!
    – jay613
    Oct 1, 2022 at 15:13

I would try to use Rail Spacers from IKEA. Part number 110646. Those are round white ones. [1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/RHMoV.jpg

  • Your answer could be improved with additional supporting information. Please edit to add further details, such as citations or documentation, so that others can confirm that your answer is correct. You can find more information on how to write good answers in the help center.
    – Community Bot
    Oct 1, 2022 at 13:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.