Thanks for all the recent help on here. I am gathering supplies for an under cabinet RBGW LED project (US).
So far I have:
- RBGW 12v LED Strip Lights
- 100-240v to 12v Transformer
- Wireless Controller
- Leviton 1451-2 Grounded Toggle Switch 120v, 15amp
- Standard 14/2 wiring
My plan is to tap off an existing switch in my kitchen and add an extra light switch. I'll use the 14/2 wiring to connect the new switch to the transformer, hardwiring. Then, I'll use the 14/2 wiring to connect the transformer to the controller. The controller will then connect to the LED strips.
Do I have the right idea and right set up? If so, the only other pieces I could use some guidance on are:
- Do I need to use different wiring between the transformer and controller (I was going to use 14/2, but it doesn't look like the transformer has a "ground output", so I am not sure what the wire I should technically use is called).
- Is there a certain name for the wire that would connect the controller to the LED strips? I am not sure what wiring to use there.