I am about to set up a new bath mixer tap, which has standard 3/4" thread connectors. My water supply is a standard 15mm pipe with isolation valves fitted. I was planning to get compression 15mm to 3/4" BSP flexi connector - but here's where I ran into a problem. All of the plumbing supply stores in the area (both DIY and trade) have these flexi connectors with 3/4" female end (i.e. the nut that screws onto the tap) and 15mm male thread with a compression nut on the other end. I need the 15mm end to also be a female nut to screw onto the isolation valve.

I know I can just cut a short piece of 15mm pipe and fit to the isolation valve - and then go with the flexi connector as above, but I want to minimise the number of connection points.

I'm looking for something like this:

enter image description here

But with 15mm on one end and 3/4" on the other end. Is there a specific term for it? How do I search for it?

1 Answer 1


The nut on a 15mm compression fitting in the UK is normally 1/2 inch BSP. So you can remove the nut on a 15mm compression fitting and screw on a hose with a 1/2 inch BSP "tap connector" style fitting.

Unfortunately while I can find hoses with 1/2 inch BSP "tap connector" style fittings on both ends, I can't seem to find one with 1/2 inch BSP on one end and 3/4 inch BSP on the other, so this doesn't really help in your specific case.

I think a short piece of 15mm copper pipe is probably your best bet. I really wouldn't stress about an extra compression joint in the run.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.