enter image description here

I noticed our backflow preventer was leaking, so I pulled out the assembly to see what the issue is and it looks like a decent-sized crack in the plastic above the relief valve. Is this something I can seal and have it hold, or will I need to buy a whole new assembly?

  • Was it not blown dry for winter, or is it out in the sun?
    – Ecnerwal
    Jun 12, 2021 at 17:48

1 Answer 1


I would not expect success attempting to glue or seal that. Apart from the general difficulty of "plastic of unknown type" repair, it's usually the case that when a plastic item cracks one place, other places are likely to follow, even if you could get this crack sealed successfully. They do not age gracefully.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.