Related to my previous question here,

I made the biggest mistake of my life to cut the black wire instead of the thermal fuse wire.

I need to replace the entire black wire & its connector at the end. enter image description here overview of the entire broken wire

enter image description here close-up photo shot of the connector

enter image description here connector at the power supply

What is the black wire type?

Can I strip the black wire insulator and connect with the other black wire from here by soldering?

If not, what suggestion can you offer for me to join the black wire?

Thank you

  • Looks like high temperature insulation on the wire. For connection can solder or use a high temperature type connection, crimp or wire nut type.
    – crip659
    May 29, 2021 at 23:48
  • If this is "the biggest mistake of your life" , you're very lucky. :-)
    – JACK
    May 30, 2021 at 13:31

1 Answer 1


The wire is called fixture wire it has a fiberglass looking outer braid and many times a very thin white Teflon type inner insulation. The size of the wire is based on the wattage of the cooker on the “spade” or disconnect that is a female and if in a hot area requires a high temp female crimp connector standard nickel plated copper may work but may not last long, the same with nickel plated copper splices when hot the copper may relax. It took me a few high temp repairs to find ~900 degree f crimp connectors, if you also posted about bad fuses a day or so ago I would solder the same as my other advice but in this case most insulation other than fiberglass/ high temp slide over will be the best option.

  • +1 for "took me a few high temp repairs to find ~900 degree f crimp connectors". Hard to find... I usually buy mine from an appliance repair store.
    – JACK
    May 30, 2021 at 13:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.