I just bought a park model home and the large propane tank was removed. I bought 2 smaller tanks (30lbs each) and an auto change over regulator with two pigtails to attach to the 2 tanks.

What do I need to purchase to connect them all together?

The gas line coming from the ground still has the 1st stage regulator on it. Do I just need to add a hose to attach the 1st stage to the dual auto changeover regulator?

Any advice is appreciated - thanks

  • 1
    Why not contact the propane dealer and get large tank installed and do it right. – crip659 May 11 at 0:52
  • Why is there a gas line coming from the ground up? Where does it come from? How many propane tanks are involved in your set-up? – d.george May 11 at 10:52
  • At a minimum, a picture of what you've got, and a drawing of what you want would be helpful. – FreeMan May 11 at 12:05

You will need to connect the output of the auto change over regulator to the line coming out of the ground.

I am guessing you got the proper 1st stage auto change over.

houses and travel trailers usually have different setups. I had a travel trailer that had the auto setup it was a single stage.

I have built a few homes with propane and they have 2 regulators normally because the tank needs to be away from the home so the tank pressure is reduced by a first stage sent to the house and then reduced again by a 2nd stage.

If you have the wrong size regulator at the tanks the system won’t work well because of restrictions in the plumbing.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.