I need to buy a 90 push in that has male NPT that matches this below hose end. I am not sure what to buy and if the 23-9/16" means 23" long hose and 9/16"ID for the compression fitting What 90 push in fitting that works with this should I buy?

enter image description here

Update: This is a follow up or a sequel of this thread Would a 1/2x3/8 Dishwasher Tube to Pipe Elbow, 90 take a 3/8 flex connect for a shower pannel? where I was told not to use the fitting I was asking about because it is for a dishwashere and it will reduce the volume. So now I am trying to find the right 90 that would be push in on one end and it will take the above compression hose

  • What type of appliance is this, and can you post a picture of the hose end fitting with something in the pic for size reference. P.S.- in the U.S., "9/16" is not a thing as it regards plumbing fittings/sizes. – Jimmy Fix-it May 9 at 14:51
  • see the update please, click on the link for detailed pictures – MiniMe May 9 at 15:28

23-9/16" means 23 tpi and 9/16" in diameter - tpi is threads per inch.

Standard sizes so any decent hardware / plumbing store can help.

  • We are in lock down in Toronto -no decent store available to go to, I need to order online – MiniMe May 9 at 5:46
  • For a better description of what you are looking for would be to tell us what that hose assembly is being used on. It looks like a hose set for a washing machine. – d.george May 9 at 10:49
  • @d.george sorry I don't know exactly what those pipes are being used on, possibly a washing machine as they tend to have hot and cold water supply and most dishwashers only have a cold feed. Suggest you ask the OP as they will be sure to know. – Solar Mike May 9 at 11:28
  • those are used for the supply for a shower pannel This one baindepot.com/media/ftpbaindepot/pdf/SH-PN-7001BN.pdf – MiniMe May 9 at 15:19

The hoses pictured in your previous (linked) post have a 1/2" NPT female thread (so stop worrying/commenting about the size of the line itself). Any fitting that will result in you having a 1/2" NPT male thread, will work.

Nobody can advise on the appropriate "push-in" connector because we don't know what you are trying to attach it to (what type of pipe). Find a fitting that connects to your supply pipe that will give you 1/2" NPT male thread.

  • That is the problem, I can't seem to find a 1/2" push in to what you call 1/2" NPT make.You have to admit the terminology is pretty lose here since you are telling me that it is an 1/2" npt but @Solar Mike explains that that 23-9/16" means 23 tpi and 9/16" in diameter so not exactly 1/2" I shop on Amazon.ca if you could show me such a fitting then I would admit I have some sort of blindness :-)) – MiniMe May 9 at 19:46
  • The terminology is not "loose"; you are getting different answers from different people. I don't care what the other answer(s) say, I am telling you that in the U.S., "9/16" is not a thing as it regards plumbing fittings/sizes. You can accept or ignore that but it is true. Also, unless you reveal what size and type of supply pipe you are looking to attach a "push-in" fitting to, nobody can help you find what you are looking for. Also, this is seeming more and more like a shopping question... – Jimmy Fix-it May 10 at 6:07
  • Not a shopping question. I am questioning here if the product even exist. I indicated in the above comment that the supply is 1/" -"I can't seem to find a 1/2" push in" – MiniMe May 10 at 15:45
  • 1/2" what? Copper pipe, pvc pipe, steel/iron pipe, cpvc, other...? – Jimmy Fix-it May 10 at 20:37
  • Copper; does it matter from push-in perspective ? I was told it works on both – MiniMe May 10 at 20:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.