We've recently moved into a new house and we've found that some of the doors are not closing properly. We had a locksmith in to change the locks and he mentioned that we needed to get a 'keep' for each door with the problem but I'm having trouble sourcing the replacements.
There are a couple of doors that don't need replacing and the keep in them looks like this:
Some candidates that I've found online are here:
- Avocet Replacement Centre Latch Keep (58 mm)
- Lockmaster Mila Master Upvc Door Centre Latch Keep Strike Plate (52 mm)
When I measure the screw centres on a working door, it looks to be 56 mm as shown here:
So I guess my questions are:
- Am I measuring the screw centres correctly?
- Does anyone know where I can source the above keep?
- Is there some tolerance around the screw centres where it could work with a distance slightly more or less?