I am trying to identify the type of filter used here, so that it can be replaced. I don't think it has been...ever.

enter image description here

  • Any labeling, numbers, characters, anything on the black lid?
    – FreeMan
    Apr 14, 2021 at 13:56
  • @FreeMan nothing that I can see. I went over the whole thing, and the clear plastic container as well.
    – Yuck
    Apr 14, 2021 at 14:03

1 Answer 1


It looks like a standard whole house filter similar to this one. Replacement filters can be obtained at almost large hardware, orange or blue store. There is a variety of Replacement filters that are for sediment, charcoal for taste, and others. I use a similar filter at the kitchen sink to remove the chlorine taste of the city supplied water. You could shut off the water, remove the filter and then reinstall the reservoir part, and take the removed filter to the store for a replacement.

enter image description here

  • 1
    "take the removed filter to the store for a replacement." +1!
    – FreeMan
    Apr 14, 2021 at 14:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.