I recently purchased this vintage sink that was mounted in a cabinet vanity. I am wondering if it is possible to wall mount this and if anyone has any ideas on what I may need. I was thinking about using floating shelf brackets and (hopefully) sliding them in the rear holes and also siliconing it to the wall. I wasn't sure if this was a wall mount sink originally or if it needs to be in a cabinet. Looks like it may have holes/slots for legs too. I have no idea what the brand of the sink is, either. Thanks in advance!

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

This is how it was originally mounted.

  • 2
    Plan on front legs at least. Silicone be just for sealing, it will never hold a ceramic sink.
    – crip659
    Apr 1, 2021 at 1:10

1 Answer 1


A couple of options

1 Look for metal legs for example these (perhaps too ornate) ones enter image description here

2 a pair of legs made custom for those large square holes near the front.

Either way add basin brackets with spacers at A plus adhesive at B. enter image description here

You need front legs. People will lean or even sit on it.

  • thank you! I will look for that stuff! Apr 1, 2021 at 1:55
  • A lot of sinks were designed assuming the drain & P-trap could take a lot of the weight, but I agree that front legs (ones designed for strength, not show) are best practice. Apr 1, 2021 at 15:40
  • 2 pieces of steel pipe for strength with decorative covers would work quite nicely if you can't find anything strong and decorative.
    – FreeMan
    Apr 1, 2021 at 15:54
  • @Carl Witthoft that's what I was wondering about the p-trap and drain supporting it at all. I got a heavy duty p-trap to help. Apr 1, 2021 at 19:39
  • Actually maybe brackets with spacers is a bad idea. "A" is not meant for brackets and without the wall backing it, brackets might break it. Screw a big piece of wood on the wall that completely fills that gap, provides a facing for area A, and extends down a few inches. Screw the brackets to that.
    – jay613
    Apr 2, 2021 at 1:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.