I know a toilet seat has two parts but what are they called?

Can someone find me a diagram, or just tell me what the two parts are called? I think the top part is the lid...and the bottom part with the hole in it is the seat..am I right about this?


1 Answer 1


Lid/cover,seat, hinge,mounting stud or bolt, retaining nuts, you could also include the bumpers if they aren't molded into the seat and lid.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.