I had an issue with a damaged control board a few months ago, replacing it worked, details here: Is it the control board or is it the induction fan?
A similar issue has now came up.
It's hit or miss if the induction fan comes on and sometimes when it does I see a spark coming from the black wire leading into the fan (image below). Sometimes it starts, sometimes it does not. This leads me to believe a similar malfunction is occurring with the board - it's just hasn't fully failed yet.
Lately my area has been getting power surges and I'm convinced it's related. I curious if there may be something wrong with the fan as well causing it to damage the board. Also the large blower the board is attached to rocks WILDY sometimes which I can't imagine is helpful.
Is there anything I can do to protect the equipment from surges and furthermore what tools can I use to further diagnose the issue?