When do you prefer to use something like Loctite PL, vs Loctite Power Grab?
Water based adhesives have the following disadvantages:
- Slower drying than solvent based adhesives
- Susceptible to freezing at low temperatures.
- Lower water resistance than solvent-based products.
On the other hand, disadvantages of solvent based adhesives:
- Cost – solvent based adhesives are more expensive than water-based adhesives.
- Cleaning: Residues from solvent-adhesive spillages will not come off with water.
Note, albeit the disadvantages, the prevalent sentiment is that the water based adhesive can be used in almost all circumstances without significant downside.