According to the Liftmaster manual, to program the garage door opener, which is required if the LEARN BUTTON was held down 6 seconds or more and ERASED the stored code, one must:
- Remove the cover from the Lighted Door Control
- Press and hold the button on the hand-held remote that you wish to operate your garage door.
- While holding the remote button, press and hold the "A" button on the Lighted Door Control.
- Continue holding both buttons while you press the "B" button on the Lighted Door Control (all three buttons are held).
- Release buttons when the motor unit lights blink. It has learned the code. If light bulbs are not installed, two clicks will be heard.
The code was erased, so the above procedure must be followed. However, the original Lighted Door Control broke apart last year and was replaced by a simple non-lighted doorbell button that has no "B" button. There is no Home Depot or equivalent anywhere near where I live, so I cannot run out and buy a new Lighted Door Control.
- How can I Program the Liftmaster garage door opener and remote without a Lighted Door Control that has both an "A" and a "B" button.
- Can more than one hand-held remote control the same garage door opener?