Hi I need to get this vent/pipe replaced but I don’t know what it is called. Can anyone identify it for me. It’s in my basement near the furnace.

enter image description here

  • What is the other end connected to? Is it actually cemented into the wall as it appears, or is there room around it to easily remove & replace it? Could you maybe provide a pic from the side? How big is it? – FreeMan Mar 22 at 16:15

Lacking context, it's either a cleanout (normally at the bottom of a flue) or a disused thimble (place where a pipe used to connect to the flue) with a cover/plug in it (the half-rusted bit with the handle) - "cleanout cover" and "end cap" and "flue plug" are all possible names when searching. Add the diameter of the pipe/hole to narrow results towards ones that might actually fit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.