0

A rag that had turpentine on it was rinsed off in my kitchen sink that had dishes in it. If I wash the dishes with soap and water will they be safe to use? Should I just throw out the dishes? I don’t want to be over dramatic but I also want to be safe. Thanks!

2
  • google search reveals that turpentine is toxic if you ingest several tablespoons of it, so i would not worry about it ... this is not really the place to be asking ... it is not a medical site
    – jsotola
    Mar 14, 2021 at 7:13
  • Tutrpentine is voltatile, if you can't smell it it has all evaporated.
    – Jasen
    Mar 14, 2021 at 7:34

1 Answer 1

4

Perfectly safe. The surfactants in the soap, combined with hot water and a thorough scrubbing, would remove the turpentine effectively. Even if the dishes were of a material that was not as non-porous as, say, glazed pottery, there would still be so little residue as to make any health danger minimal (if not nil).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.