I have a sink where the original owner remodeled into a tight space. Now I need to replace the widespread faucet and am having troubles finding the correct mounting type. Because of the tight space, the cabinet is under-sized for the sink so the sink bowl interferes slightly with the holes so a traditional faucet that tightens from underneath the deck is generally impossible. The sink that I removed had a large nut at the bottom of the deck but mounted from the top of the sink. I cannot find someone who knows the name of this type of faucet mount.

What type of faucet would I be looking for that mounts from the top like this?

I've added a picture from underneath the sink to describe what it looks like.

enter image description here

  • Are you asking if there are lav faucets that don't require fastening from below? I have never seen one except for those that mount on the wall... normally you select compatible cabinet, sink, and faucet prior to installing anything... Feb 21 at 15:25
  • 1
    How do I install a faucet with TopMount bracket? – globeunion.custhelp.com - top mount or quick dock. - Or any faucet that comes with screws in the locking nuts...
    – Mazura
    Feb 21 at 17:10
  • 1
    ... like this $300 one from wayfair.com
    – Mazura
    Feb 21 at 17:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.