I'm supplying 200amp service to a cabin. There is a service disconnect at the meter. Can i use 3 wire 4/0 al to the main panel and put a grounding rod at the main panel and not bond the neutral and ground bus or do i have to use 4 wire from the disconnect to the main panel supplying the ground wire through that?

  • Why are you wanting to use 3 wire cable for this? Feb 21 '21 at 1:34

Past the service disconnect you will need 4 wire and you will need ground rods at the cabin.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.