We have a number of gas-powered fireplaces in our house--one too many, as it turns out.

We've had the unit disconnected, and would like to get rid of it, preferably getting some money back as we do so. It's still built into a wall, but could probably be removed and reused by someone who wants a nice gas fireplace like that.

How would you go about doing this? Is there a service to call, or a marketplace for such things?

closed as off topic by Steven, Tester101 Dec 17 '12 at 19:51

Questions on Home Improvement Stack Exchange are expected to relate to home improvement within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Where to sell things is considered localized and is off-topic. If you wanted to know how to remove it, that would be on-topic. But Craigslist of Kijiji come to mind. – Steven Dec 17 '12 at 16:12

Because of the size and weight of fireplace inserts any market would have to be local in order to be economical. Here in the SF Bay area we have a bunch of salvage yards where people pay truly outrageous prices for used junk. Craigslist is also an option, and perhaps Habitat for Humanity would take it off your hands? Just throwing ideas out there.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.