I'm from India
After searching many sites I signed up here to clarify my doubt as I don't know much about electricity...
I recently brought a fridge(250litres) (3 months ago) and it was working fine until 2-3 days back when I experienced a mild electric shock while touching the fridge. I called the service men from the company he said maybe the earthing is the problem.
It turned out earthing is all fine and when he came to the house and checked no shock was experienced (he just removed the earthing pin connected to frame and again connected back). After that 2-3 days it was fine but again I experienced major electric shock but this time much higher.
When I switched off the fridge and turned on 15 mins after there was no shock.
When I was searching about the same many things popped up on internet as possible causes but one that related was overloading for single socket.
- The fridge is connected to one socket.
- And from another socket, I have connected 4 devices using junction box:
- Set-top box
- LG smart TV(43 inch)
- 5.1 Home theatre
- Sony PS4 slim
My question is:
Although my fridge is connected to another socket is this okay to have these 4 devices connected to one socket, is this causing the problem?