The water pressure in my flat has been getting lower and lower.

It is my understanding that checking the pressure regulator is a good first step, but I am unsure about what to look for.

Is it that thing? enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Bonus question: if it is it, how would you add a manometer to this installation?


If you have a faucet with a hose bibb on it, a faucet like those used in a laundry tub, you could go to a big box store or hardware store and purchase a threaded on pressure gauge to check the existing water pressure. I have one and use it a couple times a year to check my in-coming pressure. This will let you know just what the pressure is.

Yes, that looks like a simple water regulating valve that adjusts the in-coming water pressure. Adjustments of the pressure higher or lower are with a screw driver.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.