This faucet is leaking at the handle (just behind part that turns) when water is turned on.

Does anyone know if this kind of fixture can be replaced, do they make something that fits a 1950s bathroom sink?

If I take out that screw and pull off the handle will I see the problem? Is it a washer?

Can it be fixed?

enter image description here

  • Yes it can repaired, Usually. I do not have time to write up full answer and i am sure there are already answers on here that address this issue. The washer can be replaced, the seat may need to be re-honed if it has been leaking for a long time. Here is a video to give you better understanding of how your faucet can be repaired. youtube.com/watch?v=ia54Q6Twvt4
    – Alaska Man
    Jan 16, 2021 at 21:25
  • New to site and don't know how to say thank you to Alaska Man so am doing it here in the comments. Thank you! Jan 17, 2021 at 1:29
  • a drip from the handle is usually the stem seal, it may be a packing bolt that can be tightened, or possibly O rings that must be replaced.
    – Jasen
    Jan 17, 2021 at 12:12


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.