I need to install a new grounding rod at my house and will be running the grounding conductor through an LB body and PVC conduit down to the ground.

But I also need to run a new coax cable into the house nearby, so I'm wondering whether I can drill a hole in the conduit body, install a feed-through bushing, and run the coax into the house through the same conduit? (I'd loop the coax and weather-seal it on the outside, of course).


If there is a cubic inch listing on the conduit body it may be possible.

You still have to meet the wire fill requirements the CGB or clamp, x multiplier for the largest wire size has to be added to the total count of wires cubic inch.

This is the same as modifying a listed J Box.

Your AHJ may not allow but if it has a stamped volume code has nothing stopping it.

If it is not stamped then it is not allowed to splice or modify. (Conduit body’s don’t have a approved size chart like boxes do).

Outside a cgb (cord grip bushing) that seals / clamps the wire would be required. Inside standard 2 screw clamps are ok.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.