I'm looking for nice a way to cover this gas line plug sticking out of my wall. It's an eyesore that is no longer needed, I believe a leftover from the oven in an extra basement kitchen area. It sticks out about 0.75" from the wall.

I know they make domed cover plates for plumbing cleanouts (such as this), but those typically screw right into a plastic cleanout plug. In this case, it's a metal plug/cap. Ideally I was hoping to find something similar (domed blank cover plate) that I can screw into the wall with wall anchors. I'm not really sure what I should be searching for though. Any suggestions?

Gas line

  • depending on the fitting inside the wall you may be able to tighten the connector so that it is behind the wall. You'll need to open the wall to get a wrench on it.
    – ojait
    Dec 27 '20 at 23:06

I think if you remove the plug and replace it with a flush plug, then spackle the crack around it and paint. It would (IMO) be less obtrusive than a cover.

enter image description here

  • Yep this will make it flush
    – Kris
    Dec 27 '20 at 23:41

How about a surface mount double gang electric outlet box and a blank cover plate over it. Trim a hole in the back of the box to fit the pipe. enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.