so we were taking down the plaster in our downstairs bathroom to put a sink as there was some previous damage and we got a bit doubtful about if it’s normal plaster or asbestos cement plaster or some sort.
we aren’t experienced at all with what’s asbestos and what’s not but we found some random website and sent them some pictures over text.
they said this is 99% asbestos (cement based) and said it’s £700 to come out and take samples then if it is they’ll have to do a full cleanup.
is this typical?
I don’t know if people can actually tell what’s asbestos and what isn’t but here are the pictures... any advice would be appreciated.
the house was built in the late 1950s.
We are based in the UK