I have a 100amp Gould panel (relevant bits from the label):

GQF20MB - I-T-E Indoor Loadcenter

Use only I-T-E Type EQ-P Circuit Breakers

enter image description here

Since Gould is no longer made under that name, I've gone internet searching, and it appears that Siemens Type QP is a suitable replacement. Since I found this info on <random website> and I have more confidence in the folks I "know" here, I'd like to confirm that this is a suitable replacement, and if not, what I should be looking for instead.

I need to install a 15a breaker to replace a 20a breaker that some eager but dumb kid installed on 14/2 wire 30 years ago when the internet wasn't around to answer all his questions.

1 Answer 1


Siemens has 2 lineages of panel: The ex-Murray line and the ex-ITE line. Yours is the latter.

I believe the QPs are indeed the right ones. A Siemens dealer (electrical supply house) could cross-check it in their book to be sure. Or I have a feeling ThreePhaseEel will be along momentarily to same effect :)

  • I'm fairly sure that Siemens QP is correct, but sadly don't have a solid source to back that (too bad JRaef doesn't have a copy of the letter laying around, best I can tell at least...) Dec 1, 2020 at 5:24
  • Thank you both (@ThreePhaseEel). Guess I'll have to take the advice I give and call someone other that <big box store>. :)
    – FreeMan
    Dec 1, 2020 at 13:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.