I’m fixing my irrigation and there are some cracks that I need to cut out and reconnect them. I have these connections already but being new to irrigation, I’m not sure what to call them. See the attached images for a zoom in and a zoomed out with red highlight.enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 1
    That's just one random brand of "drip irrigation" tube and fittings. They are NOT "standard" and the fittings and tube are not always interchangeable between different brands (although many manufacturers have wised up and made stuff compatible) Nov 25, 2020 at 0:11

3 Answers 3


Home Depot calls them compression couplings. Here is an example.

compression coupling on irrigation hose

And if you are looking for the type that go on the inside of the hose, it'll be called a barbed coupling or barbed connector.


Thes are also called Push to Connect fittings.


You have standard couplings and t’s. since it’s above ground I would guess low pressure drip irrigation. There are tons of brands I just make sure the size is correct and go to a big box store. But Amazon also has them some are called compression, some barbed but coupling is for 1 pipe to another and T is for 3 pieces

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.