My break wall on the lake has a 8” high by 2’ wide void under a corner and is leaking into my retaining wall chamber. It is under the water line. How can I fill this hole?

  • 1
    A picture, drawing, or sketch edited into your question would probably help people get a better idea of what's going on here.
    – FreeMan
    Nov 24, 2020 at 11:27
  • 20 cm by 60 cm is rather more than a "void" ! I agree with SolarMike -- put in a temp wall, pump out the enclosure, fill&repair as appropriate. Nov 24, 2020 at 16:17

1 Answer 1


Drain the lake then repair properly or dam the water back and then repair.

Which you can do is governed by the size of the lake.

  • You can apparently just form it up and pour concrete - concrete is heavier than water and will displace it, but it's likely simpler for most people to attempt forming it up in a manner that also dams it on the lake side and then pump out the non-lake side before pouring. Presumably when large projects are done the other way some adjustment to the mix is applied to account for the additional water.
    – Ecnerwal
    Nov 24, 2020 at 17:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.