I'm replacing the toilet connector hose because there's a leak from the bowl. I've tried to remove the old connector hose but the metal piece in the pic will not detach. It spins when I use a steel adjustable wrench but no movement otherwise.Any ideas on how to get it off?enter image description here

1 Answer 1


In the "old days" there were a ton of stop valves installed that had the flex supply line integrated into the valve, i.e. all one piece. Thankfully, they started disappearing from the market. Now we are seeing Chivese stop valves with integrated flex supply; I suspect yours might be one of those.

I suspect that to replace your flex you will need to replace both the valve and the flex. However, you say there is "a leak from the bowl", which shouldn't have anything to do with the supply flex because the supply flex goes to the tank fill valve, not the bowl.

  • In other words, unscrew the other end of that supply hose where it attaches to the tank. Commented Oct 26, 2020 at 0:45
  • @AloysiusDefenestrate, actually I did not mean that at all, but you may have the answer the OP needs. Why disconnect at the valve anyway? You should post as an answer. Commented Oct 26, 2020 at 3:58
  • Thanks. I misspoke. The part of the hose that connects to the tank is leaking. It's not water tight anymore. It sprays water. I thought I could just add plumber's tape to stop the leak but replacing the hose with valve might be better. We're working on selling the house anyway.
    – BlueJay78
    Commented Oct 26, 2020 at 23:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.