A few years ago my parents did some work on an interior drywall in our house (built in 1987) [US]. Now I wonder if I might've been exposed to asbestos and I'm freaking out. On the bright side, I was never near the work area when the work was being performed. Given it's an interior drywall (the partition between kitchen and family room), probably there wasn't any insulation that could've contained asbestos.
Given the research I did, it seems asbestos was far more commonly found in the joint compounds than the dry wall itself, and that asbestos was banned from joint compounds in 1977.
I understand there's nothing I can do at this point. Just hope someone who knows more about this topic can give me an idea of my risk.
I would send a sample to get tested except the housing is being rented now and my parents have moved to a newer house and I no longer live with them.