I am in the process of replacing my powder room faucet and I noticed that its not attached the normal way with a mounting nut.

I have what I assume is a toggle bolt holding the faucet in place, but I can't figure out how to remove it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

under the sink another angle

1 Answer 1


Not toggle bolts. Just nuts with bushings and a crossbars under them (one of which has fallen into the sink bore, giving it the appearance of a toggler). Remove them in that order.

  • 2
    Isherwood is correct, It may be difficult if the nut is corroded. Spray it with PB Blaster penetrant. I recently had that very issue and i had to use a pair of locking pliers, vise grips, to pinch the barrel bushing tight enough to keep the stud from twisting while i worked the nut off. Then twist the pinched barrel off. OR if the nut is fused it may turn the threaded rod out of the faucet? WEAR SAFETY GLASSES.
    – Alaska Man
    Commented Oct 19, 2020 at 18:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.