I have bought a bits set and there is this bit: a bit with a groove

It is a Y shaped bit, and there is a groove on the inside of the branches. The angle is approximatively 90˚ (a little more).

  • Re. your edit: "shaped" is actually the correct word to use here, not "shape" – Niall C. Feb 12 '13 at 15:10
  • @NiallC. OK I canceled my edit. As a non-native speaker I trusted the wording on Tester101's answer - which happens to be wrong.. – alecail Feb 12 '13 at 16:29

It's a bit for screwing in eye bolts, or hooks.

enter image description here enter image description here

  • Attach the bit to your driver handle or power driver.
  • Fit the eye bolt into the groove.
  • Screw the bolt in/out, without hurting your fingers.

The list of bits in this set, lists it as a "Y-shape hook driver".

enter image description here enter image description here

  • 9
    How have I never come across this bit before!? I've bent way too many crappy screwdrivers twisting in eye hooks. – DA01 Nov 12 '12 at 19:36
  • My sister's plant pot hangers love me... Once you've used the hook driver, you'll never go back. – Fiasco Labs Nov 12 '12 at 20:34
  • 1
    @DA01: Screwdriver? no, no ... you chuck a screw hook into the drill (hook side out), and use that. – Joe Nov 13 '12 at 3:46
  • 2
    I always predrill the hole, and then driving it by hand is easy. – Jay Bazuzi Nov 14 '12 at 18:24
  • 1
    Wow, a bit for eye hooks! I've always used pliers and could never imagine there was a bit for that. – sharptooth Jan 18 '13 at 8:51

Also can be used for wing nuts.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.