I have bought a bits set and there is this bit: a bit with a groove

It is a Y shaped bit, and there is a groove on the inside of the branches. The angle is approximatively 90˚ (a little more).

  • Re. your edit: "shaped" is actually the correct word to use here, not "shape" – Niall C. Feb 12 '13 at 15:10
  • @NiallC. OK I canceled my edit. As a non-native speaker I trusted the wording on Tester101's answer - which happens to be wrong.. – alecail Feb 12 '13 at 16:29

It's a bit for screwing in eye bolts, or hooks.

enter image description here enter image description here

  • Attach the bit to your driver handle or power driver.
  • Fit the eye bolt into the groove.
  • Screw the bolt in/out, without hurting your fingers.

The list of bits in this set, lists it as a "Y-shape hook driver".

enter image description here enter image description here

  • 10
    How have I never come across this bit before!? I've bent way too many crappy screwdrivers twisting in eye hooks. – DA01 Nov 12 '12 at 19:36
  • My sister's plant pot hangers love me... Once you've used the hook driver, you'll never go back. – Fiasco Labs Nov 12 '12 at 20:34
  • 1
    @DA01: Screwdriver? no, no ... you chuck a screw hook into the drill (hook side out), and use that. – Joe Nov 13 '12 at 3:46
  • 3
    I always predrill the hole, and then driving it by hand is easy. – Jay Bazuzi Nov 14 '12 at 18:24
  • 1
    Wow, a bit for eye hooks! I've always used pliers and could never imagine there was a bit for that. – sharptooth Jan 18 '13 at 8:51

Also can be used for wing nuts.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.