I want to replace these plastic widgets in my IKEA INGOLF kitchen chairs with metal ones -- but I don't know what the metal ones are called. This is the chair: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/ingolf-chair-white-70103250/.

Any idea what the bent metal widgets (about 2cm) are called? I'm not sure where I got them from -- probably some other furniture.

The 1st image shows 2 of them: one being used to hold the chair together and the other loose. And the 2nd image is a screenshot from the Ingolf assembly manual.

metal widgets

plastic widget that came with the chair

1 Answer 1


Try searching for a "half moon nut". You'd also do fine with a regular round metal washer.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.