I need to create an enclosure for a projector screen case mounted on the ceiling. The size is 50 inches wide, 4 inches high, 4 inches deep.
- The enclosure is just for visuals, just to hide the plastic case of the projector screen, so it creates a more "built-in" looking.
- It will be finished just like the ceiling: white.
- Must be lightweight. I can't use thick wood (probably your first thought!). I was thinking about some kind of very thin wood (I remember seeing them before, they are a little flexible but stay straight if no force is applied). Remember the idea here is just to hide the projector screen case, nothing else. So less is better!
- It must be easily removable. It means this enclosure will not be attached to the ceiling, but will just use something to attach it to the projector screen case (that's why it needs to be lightweight). Don't worry about how to attach it, if it's lightweight even a velcro will make it. It is because the projector screen is battery powered so occasionally it is necessary to replace the battery.
- Ideas about how to finish (specially the sides) so it looks like something built to the ceiling.
The whole idea is just to hide the plastic casing.
I'm looking mainly for ideas about what materials to use to create the enclosure, what to use to connect the sides, what to use to finish it.