I have problem with using a TV wall mount left by previous owner. Remaining is a wall plate part with a single lug (3 1/8" long, 1/2" hole).

I never saw something partial like that. Usually the hinge part is integral and capped, then wall plate can be bolted into the wall.

Here the wall attachment is solid, but I can't find anything that has a pin and would secure a pin in the hinge assembly. Specifically, commercially-available part that attaches to TV itself and has a pin to insert into existing lug.

Could someone advise what options/designs are available?

enter image description here

  • Adapt it to what purpose? Gravity would keep a pin in if it has a good welded joint to whatever it is Adapted to. "Could someone advise how to make it work?" How to make it work for what exactly?
    – Alaska Man
    Sep 6, 2020 at 20:07
  • I have had one just like that the pin had a E clip that held it in place other than gravity the clip really was not necessary mine had 2 joints in the arm and would be worthless without the mount you might ask the old owners for the rest of the mount.
    – Ed Beal
    Sep 6, 2020 at 20:16
  • @AlaskaMan, I meant to make it work for the same purpose of hanging a TV. Adapt - in a sense to make this joint act like proper secure hinge. Yes, gravity will hold. But it needs a part where TV side plate/cross morphs into a slightly displaced downward pointing pin. I understand functional surfaces, but could not find what such odd thing is called, nor where it retails.
    – sf_711
    Sep 6, 2020 at 23:05
  • @AlaskaMan, thx, edited the post to make it clearer.
    – sf_711
    Sep 6, 2020 at 23:12
  • @EdBeal, yes, could you advise what that "rest of the mount" may be called and where to find it? :)
    – sf_711
    Sep 6, 2020 at 23:15


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.