A month ago my girlfriend and I moved into a new place, and it has a big closet in the bedroom.
Since day 1, we kept hearing knocking noises on the wooden doors, only at night, and it happens every few minutes, and it really keeps me awake at night and most of the time waking me up.
Yesterday I put my phone inside the closet (closed the doors) where I think most of the noise come from, and I found that every 10-20 minutes there is really loud knocking, and in between this 10-20 minutes window. In between these 10-20 minutes window, there is sometimes small knocking.
Audio #1 - The knocking itself:
Audio #2 - Weird "Bzzzz" sound, and knocking on the door after that:
- The phone was in the same place the entire recording (6 hours in total, there is A LOT of knocking on the door).
- We live in apartment building, top floor (third).
- The sound indeed comes from the closet, I checked multiple times throughout this month.
- I checked for worms that eat the doors maybe, but nothing (no white powder, no holes in the doors).
- I put mouse food in each door to check if maybe its a mouse (I don't believe it is, based on the recording).
- All sounds was when both of us was asleep, non of us get out of bed.
Any idea what else it could be?