I have several sheets of Corrugated Steel Roofing (see picture) from a replaced roof, and I would like to re-use them as a soffit under a porch, and paint them white or black.
How should I prep the sheets, and what type of paint should I use?
The soffits are obviously outside but not directly exposed to rain/snow or sun/UV: they are mounted with the "exterior" side down, not up as would be the case with a roof.
The panels/sheets are from a used roof and after some scrubbing/power washing they seem to be in good condition.
My thoughts were:
- power wash & scrub moss etc...
- light sanding to scruff the surface
- maybe muratic acid, maybe primer?
- paint with exterior acrylic, but maybe interior latex would work too?
- to apply paint, use a roller? or brush?
No rain/snow, no sun/UV, but wet climate.