My vacuum cleaner cable and plug (pins) used to get hot. As a workaround, I bought a heavy duty extension cord and I use it with the vacuum cleaner. Originally, I noticed that while the vacuum cleaner cable continued to be warm, the extension cord never got warm at all.
Recently, I started testing the extension cord prongs, and I noticed that while the neutral pin temperature doesn't change at all, the hot pin gets slightly warm. If I don't test right away after unplugging the cord, I would hardly notice the difference. I have to put the pins on my lips to confirm the temperature.
Now I read that it's normal for a cord to get a little warm for appliances such as vacuum cleaners or toasters. What I am not sure about is why only one of the two pins gets warm, while the other doesn't. Should I call for an electrician to inspect, or is this normal, and I am being a bit paranoid?