Are there hinges out there that I can use to convert my toilet seat so that it won't slam shut? Other methods?

  • 2
    Kohler and American Standard make a line of soft close toilet seats, but this would mean replacing the entire seat and not just the hinge. – Jeff Widmer Oct 1 '10 at 8:45
  • 2
    I think it would be easier to replace the whole seat - unless you don't like any of the soft close designs. – ChrisF Oct 1 '10 at 11:09

Buy a new toilet seat. The big box stores sell several that are billed as "Whisper Close" "SlowClose", etc. We're talking $30-40 here (as opposed to $10-20 for a low-end toilet seat) so it's not like I'd be concerned with preserving the existing seat.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.