As you can see the screw on the right side is hanging in the air right now . What should I use to fill the hole and screw them back in? Thanks! enter image description here

  • Can you tell what the screws are screwed into?
    – JACK
    Aug 3 '20 at 20:30
  • i think I see the top of a zinc screw-type drywall anchor behind the other screw.
    – Jasen
    Aug 4 '20 at 8:00

These work best if the screws are driven into a wall stud vs. a hollow-wall anchor. It's not clear what you have going on here, but if it's an anchor, or just a screw driven into drywall, then you should relocate to a spot where you can hit the stud.

Patch the hole with some spackle and if needed, you might need some backer as this looks to be a fairly large hole.

  • 4
    I think a railing that is not anchored in studs is just for decoration.. Aug 3 '20 at 21:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.