I'm building a wooden fence and have a number of 4x4 pressure treated lumber stacked neatly in my garage. I've been pulling posts from the stack as I work on the fence over the last 4 weeks. When I removed a post today, I noticed a white fungus or mold growing on the posts in the center of the stack. I didn't get a picture of it, but just scraped it off and sprayed the affected areas with a 10% bleach solution.
Now that I'm thinking about it I'm concerned the posts may be defective. Should pressure treated lumber support fungus or mold growth?