enter image description hereenter image description hereWhat is the technical name of these water outlet cover plates? They are found below my sink. The hole in the wall is bigger than the size of the water outlet so I suppose the purpose of these covers is to cover the hole. I want to buy replacements, but can't find them anywhere.

enter image description here

  • 1
    Jack has the proper technical term, but they may also be called "trim rings" by some folk.
    – FreeMan
    Jul 27, 2020 at 12:20

1 Answer 1


They have always been known as escutcheons. That's as far as I know. If it was for a door knob it could also be called a rose or rosette

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.