Our house was built in 1905 and while a lot of the electric has been replaced throughout the its 115 year life, a lot of the old BX cable (likely original or close to it) is still in use; mostly for lamps, lights, general use outlets (non-heavy duty).
The panel has been upgraded with modern breakers but I am still concerned about the longterm safety and risks of this old wiring.
I am wondering if there is anything (short of replacing all the wiring) to help alleviate concerns.
Specifically, would replacing all the breakers on this old wiring with arc fault breakers be something that would significantly (or totally) avoid any problems?
Or, am I overreacting?