I have a timber frame house that has done a bit of settling and im fairly confident its now done after 3 years, so time to fix the various cracks. Around one of the windows there is this plastic beading that has popped out. I need to fix it.

Can anyone advise what this is called?

Beading that has popped out

  • 1
    It looks like J channel but it is difficult to tell for sure. I am not sure why it would have been used in that application.
    – Alaska Man
    Jul 14 '20 at 16:52
  • its used around all the windows so the windows dont directly meet with the render, to give a nicer finish. im fairly sure its more aesthetic than anything else Jul 14 '20 at 16:58
  • 3
    I understand why something was put there i was just saying that J-channel, if it is J-channel, would be a surprising choice to me for that application. You could try to carefully get it out, clean it up and trim to length if necessary and caulk it back in place.
    – Alaska Man
    Jul 14 '20 at 17:21
  • 2
    I think you are correct Alaska man you should make that an answer. Possibly a close up photo might change our opinion but trimming and stuffing back in with a sealer should work.
    – Ed Beal
    Jul 14 '20 at 21:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.