It cannot be pushed down or something like that. After this happened, the water also is leaking to the toilet bowl when it's full , so I turned off the water valve

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • Did the lid ever fit on that toilet tank? – Tatton Chantry Jul 4 '20 at 13:16

Looks like your fill valve extended. They are adjustable in height, and there's usually a retaining ring or a screw mechanism to adjust the height.

I'd go buy a new fill valve kit at a hardware store. you'll need to drain the bowl, unscrew the supply line from the fill valve and replace the fill valve in the toilet, but the instructions are generally provided in the kit.

  • I'm sure there a plenty of YouTube videos too. – Steve Wellens Jul 4 '20 at 14:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.