Someone stole the fluorescent tube light in my apartment that was rented out. What is left is these 2 cables poking out the side. I am trying to find some sort of extension cord to connect to the black and red cables and I will wire it into the fluorescent tube light. Any idea what kind of extension cord/ connector will fit?enter image description here

Thanks for your help.

  • A “cable” is several “wires” inside a sheath. That looks like standard AU/NZ wiring (or older UK) and the 2 wires hook up to comparable colored wires in the new fixture. It looks like they put crimps on just to insulate them, which is more care than you expect from a thief. Those can be removed and the bared ends of the wires can be put on the binding posts inside the new light. FWIW I find fluorescent fixtures are going out of style fast, and I get them free by the dozen on Craigslist and other free/cycle places. – Harper - Reinstate Monica Jul 3 '20 at 14:19
  • duckduckgo.com/… – jsotola Jul 3 '20 at 15:29
  • I get fluorescent fixtures T8 & T12 also I remove the ballast and lamps then direct wire T8 led tubes , more light less power usage with 50k hours life expectancies these will outlive me. – Ed Beal Jul 3 '20 at 15:49
  • Thank you all for your help. Appreciate it. This property is in AU. – Nicole Jul 4 '20 at 13:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.